I got a request to produce an online tutorial on the creation for digital ID using Adobe Acrobat & the ability to sign documents.
First of all I hope you guys know that what we are doing is to create a ‘digitized signature’ as compare to a digital signature. A true digital signature or ID requires no scribble on a paper. That’s the current trend & I assume the only official way to sign any legal document.
So here goes…
1. Make sure you already scanned your signature. Preferably using a black ink on a clean white paper. Scan hi-res, at least at 300 dpi. Save it to either in JPEG or PNG format. I prefer the later as it accomodate transparent background.
2. Open your Adobe Acrobat Professional. Not Adobe Reader OK!
3. Go to Advanced>Security Setting
4. Then click ‘Add ID”
5. Choose to create a new ID. If you already have the ID, just upload it here. Then click Next.
6. Then choose the first option….”New PKCS#12…”. Then click Next.
7. Then fill in the relevant details. Don’t forget the email address. Then click Next.
8. Then save the ID to someplace save. Create a password that you will remember!
9. That’s it you had just created a digital ID.
10. Now we have to create the ‘skin’ or appearance of the ID. So don’t close you Acrobat as yet.
11. Go to Edit>Preferences…
12. Under ‘Appearnces”, click “New”. Then click OK.
13. Give the appearance a name. Could be anything. Doesn’t have to be your name. For the graphic, select “Imported graphic” and browse the signature you have scanned.
14. Then un-check all items in “Configure Text”. Then click OK. That’s it. You have done. Now you can sign any PDF document using your Acobat Professional.
This entry was posted in Computer
, Online Tutorial
and tagged Adobe Acrobat Professional
, digital signature
. Bookmark the permalink
. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post
or leave a trackback: Trackback URL