Mac: Why so defensive?

Just have a chat with a Mac representative. Wah…he was so defensive. Me & a friend, previously a hardcore Mac user, were challenging him with questions about ‘why Mac’? He admitted that Mac is expensive but he believe that anyone should buy Mac because it is good. Better than PC. Even students should buy Mac….and students should not buy expensive toy or phones. We were merely suggesting that Mac to produce cheaper version of machines for students or home users.

As usual, the main reason for one to switch to a  Mac is because PC crashes a lot. I would say, any machine crash. But poor hardware-kernel-OS integration is the culprit. I love IBM Thinkpad, because it rarely crash & the Thinkvantage technology to update necessary drivers when OS upgraded.

With Thinkpad, I rarely need to reformat my PC & it seldom crash.

As for the virus problem, Mac is indeed protected (for the time being). Once it is popular, no worry Mac, there will be people who will develop those worms or virus or trojan for you.

The ease of use? Out of the box, to use Mac you better configure those mouse or trackpad. Because they are sluggish. The file & folder management also different. So those who are switching to Mac, start learning the different layout.

Again & again I would say, let people buy anything that they find useful & worth their hard-earned money. Both Mac or PC are just tools. Choose the right tool for your work. For the time being I choose PC.

12 Comments

1. buns November 6, 2008 at 11:54 am #

mac mac mekkkk… heeee :)

2. Jamal Rahman November 6, 2008 at 12:30 pm #

Pantang komen pasal Mac…terus dia muncul….

3. remi November 6, 2008 at 1:09 pm #

mac sucks, xp rules…and those people who cant take care of their pc sucks too. they are the only reason that has made mac so fofular.

4. Jamal Rahman November 6, 2008 at 2:46 pm #

wah…main kasar tu abang remi….datang bulan ke?

5. Jamal Rahman November 7, 2008 at 7:25 am #

Having said all that, insyaAllah I’ll buy the new MacBook once I got back from Mekah…..for my wife.

6. hasmanizam November 7, 2008 at 11:57 am #

Gunakanlah ThinkPad tanpa waswas. My T60 is reaching its 2nd year service with me without any problem. Goooooo Thinkpad gooo dark force!

7. remi November 7, 2008 at 9:46 pm #

belilah dell. dell dipunyai oleh rakyat malaysia iaitu saudara dell akhbar khan. belilah barangan buatan malaysia.

sekian, terima kasih.

ps://saja jek, dengki tengok macbook baru…hueuhuehe. anyway beli jek la dr j. takpun beli dell tablet tuh. then update driver touchscreen tuh supaya dia jadi multi touch. lepas nih bleh a belagak ngan org mac, my multitouch is BIGGER than your multitouch trackpad…huehuheue

8. Jamal Rahman November 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm #

Tak baik berlagak ni….cuba bawak bertenang….tarik nafas panjang2…..bayangkan anda sudah berada di plawangan II

9. remi November 8, 2008 at 10:58 am #

pehh…jauh betui pandangan tuh…barang 8 purnama jugalah…hehehehe. nih arey katanya nak gi fansipan gak + sorang lagi kawan saya cam nak itut niehh….tarik nafas pepanjanggggggggggggggggg…lepas.

10. hasmanizam November 11, 2008 at 11:31 am #

Fuhhhhhhhh tarik napasssssssssss…….lepasssssssssssss fuhhhhhhhhh…

11. Azam November 11, 2008 at 3:00 pm #

Yerrghhhh …DELL … Latitude D600 aku ni masih cemerlang walaupun jatuh byk kali. Tukar MOBO 2 kali. Tuko LCD sekali. Tuko HDD sekali. Semua FREE. Ibarat pakai Nokia 3310 jer … huhuhu … lasak dan bergaya. Belilah DELL. Hahahaha … MAC pon best. HP-Compaq tak best. Cam ACER … ahaks !!!

12. Azmi Rahman November 11, 2008 at 4:00 pm #

Seperti saranan kerajaan, ubah gaya hidup anda. Gunalah MAC!
    *ngeh ngeh ngeh*