I already gave a link to the site that explains how to install Garmin XT to compatible Nokia phone in the previous posting. However let me summarise the steps for you guys.
- Get these files:
- Get your desired map. For Malaysia, I recommend getting it free & legal from MFM. Download & follow the instruction. Get the gmapsupp.img file ready. You can also obtain free & legal Indonesian map. Just google for it but then rename it as gmapsup2.img. Save it in your PC first.
- Then connect your phone to your PC in mass storage mode. Install all files in Para 1 with same order. I installed mine in the memory card, to save some space for the phone memory. I hope you know the consequence of having apps in the memory card instead of the phone memory
- Transfer the maps to the same Garmin folder either in your phone memory or your memory card.
- Disconnect your phone from PC. Now using your File Manager in your phone, find GarminMobileXT.sis file from the root folder (/Garmin) or maybe in the root folder of the memory card (/). Therefore make sure you remember where did you installed your apps to.
- Put all your desired maps into /Garmin too. But remember that not all maps are free. If it is not free, you must get the key when you bought it. Else…again, ask Mr Google *wink* IINM Garmin XT can support up to 4 maps. Gmapbmap.img is already available & its the world base map. So don’t delete that. Or if you have more than one map, you can combine them all into one gmapsupp.img using sendmap or gmaptool (please Google for it).
- Once Garmin Mobile XT has been installed run it from /Menu/Installations/GMobileXT. It will prompt you for a 8 digit key (you will have this number if you bought it), else you can only use GMobileXT paired with a bluetooth GPS. So guys, go & buy the app for you to have the key…. (please don’t ask me for the keygen because I will not going to do that….Mr Google might have it tho’) *evil grin*.
- Once done, enable the built-in GPS at /Settings/System/Remote GPS. Select ‘Use Attached/Built-in GPS’. Enable and it’s all done.
Do you know some cool stuff? Check this screenshot…
What’s the different of this snapshot with your newly installed GMobileXT? Look at the vehicle icon! No more that boring triangular shape car! Wanna know how to change that? Just visit Garmin’s Garage. The specific howto is here.