Thanks to Dr Azian & Dr Razali for organising a seminar on Mac & Osirix……my wife was convinced that Osirix will help her on her anatomy teachings. Therefore she would like to have a Mac! So yesterday I ‘tawaf’ buildings around Bukit Bintang searching for a Macbook. First I went to two shops at Lowyat. Still not satisfied, I went to Machine at Lot 10. Not so nice fella there…..finally I went to Epicentre in Pavillion & the offer was good enough for me; a free upgrade to 4Gig RAM (with the extended AppleCare).
Now busy installing important applications. As usual, the ‘cosmetic’ & user-friendliness are impressive.
Not bad…not bad at all. But for certain software, Mac still lacks certain punch.
My complaint on apps for Mac so far:
- The Entourage is not as powerful as Outlook
- The VGA video cable adaptor is not provided – leceh betul
- No free sync app for Windows Mobile (to sync my wife hTC Touch)
- Can’t use Celcom 3G USB datacard Solved
- EndNote X2 is not at term with Office 2008 that I have Will be solved – I know how already….
Update 2nd Jan 2009:
OK I finished installed what essential for general computing. A straight forward exercise. Also managed to do visualisation with Windows XP. Overall…..it is just OK. The urge to really have a Mac is not that high anymore. I prefer Windows on IBM Thinkpad. And that is what I will do after this. Reformat back my X60s & use it as my work horse.