My Celcom horrible experience!

After using Celcom for ages, today I lost my patience! Since converted my 3G from ala carte to unlimited, I was not able to get the connection. Called Celcom careline (1111) for 7 times!!! For few times the various agents told me that Celcom or Hellcom or Celcon was doing some maintenance work. They told me to call back after 24 hours! I did just that…not once buy many times…….then they said my configuration was wrong! Mind you I am not stupid with data configuration! They said I need to do manual configuration. They asked me to called theml using another phone with another line. One agent even mentioned Maxis! Do they think everyone should have more than one Celcon line??? One is already hell, two Celcons will mean pure stupid!  Well just now I called them using landline. It was simply changing my web connection setting from Always ask to User define and as I predicted, there was packet error! Then the guy over the phone checked something & told me that my line was not activated!!!! WHAT!!!! He asked me to called back after 24 hours! WHAT!!!! NO I said….YOU call me after 24 hours! He promised to do just that.

Know what guys…..I recorded most of the conversations…..and you’ll find them here! But later lah because so many personal data in the conversation.

Update: I went to Celcom outlet this afternoon & expressed to them my dissatisfaction. They acknowledged that it was due to their switching problem. No compensation offered. 3G was enabled on 25th Feb 2009, around 3:30PM. The agent who had promised to call me, did call me about 7:30 just now. For that effort I thanked Celcom.

13 Comments

1. sherrina February 24, 2009 at 11:28 pm #

hi doc,
    how did u record those conversation so long? I thought Nokia build-in software recorded for 1 minute only. Did u use any additional software to do this?

2. Jamal Rahman February 24, 2009 at 11:40 pm #

I am using Total Recall….

3. apandi February 25, 2009 at 9:48 am #

Assalammualaikum doc;

So far aku punya experience dengan celcom broadband ni oklah pulak. Aku guna package 68 hinggit tu. Merata aku pegi ok jer. Cuma baru ni kawan aku yang travel sama ngan aku dan pakai package 98 hinggit tu punya pulak yang slow gila. Entahlah….

4. hasmanizam February 25, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

Celcom = Celcon/Hellcom….TMnet = TMnuts/TMsucks….I applied for my streamyx relocation since December 08…nothing happened till today.

5. Aimir February 25, 2009 at 2:04 pm #

yup…my celcom broadband also got worse…planned to terminate it after i graduate..

6. dR ali February 25, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

hehehehe…. kawan pernah berhijrah bersama berbelas orang rodong dari Celcom/Hellcom ke TM Touch… sebab sangat tak berpuas hati dgn service dan billing system Celcom…. lebih kurang setahun lepas tu… TM beli Celcom dan jadikan TM Touch tu Celcom… memang hampeh…

doh banyok kali doh staff Celcom kene sekoloh… tapi macam tu laa jugok demeh tu…

kita kene ada banyok lagi service provider kat M’sia nih… bior persaingan tu terbuka sikit.. baru demeh reti nok upgrade demeh punya standard…

7. Jamal Rahman February 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm #

Tular…kalau ada pilihan lain…..terus beralih…..

“Biar kami senangkan hari anda”…senang lah sangat!!

8. Rejim March 3, 2009 at 4:36 pm #

Tukar je la ke Maxis… saya dah guna maxis dari 1998.. tak pernah ada problem. Hidup Hindraf! muarghahahahah jadik tamil naidu la pulak aku kang.. hehehe

9. Jamal Rahman March 3, 2009 at 6:10 pm #

Ingatkan dari 1888….barulah kagum sikit…. :D

10. hisyamrahman March 11, 2009 at 5:37 pm #

hahaha…doc…be patient…next time do call me…i will try to speak to my friends in celcom…just to inform (no personal/external/internal interest) maxis broadband in kuantan do have problem..already try for 2 days…

11. drzalie March 30, 2009 at 10:26 pm #

Maxis ke, Celcom ke, Streamyx ke, semua sama aje. ISP kat malaysia ni haprak. Nak tengok macamana Digi buat dengan 3G dia……..

12. yusoff May 9, 2010 at 12:41 pm #

Sape 2 saja yang dok di kuantan especially kat Damansara dan bercadang nak beli celcom broadband lebih baik lupakan saja nanti menyesal tak suadah

13. yusoff June 7, 2010 at 8:05 am #

Saya pun pakai sialcom berukband kat Kuantan,’ hopeless’. Modem tu lebeh elok dijadikan pemberat pancing