1500m vs. 3700m! That’s a fair fight I guess. Located at Ulu Langat, Gunung Nuang is popular among mountaineers or outdoor enthutiast especially those staying around Klang Valley.
Arey & Remi, as persons heading the Rinjani Extraordinary Photo Adventure Team (REPAT) (<—- just created this acronyms of which I do not know its meaning ha ha ha) decided for all of us to have a serious training & briefing session before we climb Mount Rinjani at the end of June this year.
We have decided to climb on 12-14th June 2009. Team from Kuantan (& Muar I guess) will depart to KL on 12th June. Stay one night in KL & climb the mountain as early as 7AM on the 13th. According to Remi’s itinerray, we need 6-7 hours to reach the top of the mountain.
After reading few blogs I would say, a-day climb is possible. So how? For safety reason, better prepare like we wanna camp……but the weight will sure slow us down. ND went there & he camped there. Many went up the summit & came back after almost 12 hours trekking.
We better camp up there I guess….This will give us extra buffer times should anyone face problem climbing within the usual ‘average’ time.
So guys we need to prepare few things for camping up there:
- Tent – I only have 1 tent (and it is only a two-men tent)
- Cooker – I have one – but I need to buy some gases
- Utensils – I have some cooking utensils – enough for simple cook I guess
- Dry cloth – 1 pair is enough I guess
- Insect repellent
- Water – I guess we need to carry enough water – I don’t know – I have 3L water bladder
- A 30-40L knapscak should suffice, but the Deuter 55+10 is OK already
- Good shoes
- Sleeping bag + sleeping mate
Remi please add….