Photo adventure travel to Mount Rinjani! Again!!
To be exact, we are going there for the 3rd time. I’ve been there twice but failed to conquer its summit on both occasion. The first one was due to eruption & the second one due to bad weather.
For this trip I wish to share my checklist.
- Proper warm clothing. I have thermal baselayer & also Columbia jacket. It can stand 4C easily. I expect the temperature to be about that at the rim & summit.
- Socks – slightly thick wool sock – again I have Columbia’s socks
- Hiking shoes – I am using (again) Columbia’s low cut shoes. Why low cut? Because I have gaiters
- Sleeping bag – I have a small & compact, with 2C stated as the extreme temperature zone. Meaning, at 2C I won’t be that comfortable & I will definitely still feel cold at 4C inside the sleeping bag.
- I’ll bring my own one-man sub 1 kg tent but I need to think of a good ground sheet.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste – small one should do. Not the one come with free towel when you bought it.
- I do bring shampoo & shower gel, but packed in a small container. It feels good when you can wash your face & rinse your hair even though nobody will shower up on the mountain.
- A squeezable bottle for istinjak plus wet tissue & a trowel (for you know what business)
- A quick dry towel
- A pair of clean shirt for sleeping & for solat
- Another pair of shirts (very light & quick dry) wrapped nicely inside a waterproof plastic wrappers – guys, hypothermia kills!
- Compression shorts – No underwear when hiking… melecet beb
- A pair of sunglass (I have Rudy Project Magster)
- A cap (& I may bring my Tilley’s cowboy hat – it is very hot walking down Plawangan Sembalun)
- Knee guards (I have bad meniscus)
- Lightweight outdoor belt
- Torchlight & headlamp (with good battery) **** EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
- Glove (I have both thick & thin one)
- Waterbags (I am using Deuter’s 2L)
- Dueter Futura 35L with camera inserts for the camera OR maybe just Lowepro Primus (with raincover)
- Thinking of bringing just the usual sling bag (duffel) as it will be carried by porter
- Trekking pole
- iPhone & PowerMonkey Extreme with solar panel to charge it
- Nikon D7000 with extra battery, 14-24mm, 70-200mm, a carbon fibre tripod (it is slightly overkill!)
- Leica D-Lux 4
- A pair of slipper
- Sarong **** VERY USEFUL
- Buff as a balaclava during cold & dusty occasions
- Sleeping mat – for comfort
- My medications – pain killer, oxynase, clarinase, gauze, flavin
- Multipurpose tool with knife
- Extra ropes
- Plastic garbage bag (in case of raining)
- Some powergels for energy boost when trekking & some snacks
I hope these things fit my duffel bag