Many people asked me how I did my HDR.
Before I answer that, let me say that my HDR work is far from the quality of other great people. I recommend you guys to google around & you’ll see a lot of great work. And I also recommend everyone to read Dalzine’s post at HDR Flickr Group.
How I do it? No one standard setting. None! Just adjust all possibilities. Seriously no secret of how I did them all. Just google for the howto. So many webs or blogs share their techniques. I am using Photomatix & Photoshop. Noiseware plugin to remove noise. However below are few of my tips:
- Only good picture produce good HDR.
- Plan for HDR. HDR is not accidental.
- Not every scene or moment can be HDRed.
- Low exposed photo produces a lot of noise.
- Multiple exposure produce better HDR than single-pseudo HDR.
- Tripod is your best friend. You can burst your shots, but it won’t able to beat those shot with tripod.
- First & last exposure should not be too extreme i.e. total black & total white. Don’t waste exposure.
- Know your camera well.
- Keep on looking other people HDR & adjust yours accordingly.
- Too much (of any setting) is usually not good. Avoid the halo around subjects.
- Don’t get discourage when received comments from those who hate HDR.
- Keep on trying. I am myself is far away from good in HDR.
- Some may look un-natural, but beautiful is beautiful.
(A HDR from single raw of my P&S)
Good luck guys.