TagsApple backpack Borobudur Bromo camera bag Cycling danau toba Deuter Dieng Dieng Plateau E71 feisol hajj IIUM Indonesia Java Jerantut kinabalu Kuantan landscape Lawu Leica Lowepro Luarbiasa Mac Malaysia mountain nature Nikon Nikon D3 Nokia Nokia E71 Outdoor Pahang Photography rainforest Rinjani sumatera taiwan Thinkpad tilopa Travel trek trekking volcano
Tag Archives: aw100
I just bought myself the new Nikon Coolpix AW100, Nikon’s first waterproof (some said underwater) camera.
Plus this one, I already owned 3 waterproof/rugged compacts. The first was Olympus mju1080, then Lumix FT2. Why the new ‘All Whether’ compact? One – it has GPS built in, Two – it’s Nikon!
What is my first impression:
- Cool paint-job – now if I drop this camera in the jungle, I will face difficult time to find it – deng! he he
- The GPS function is pretty decent – quite fast to detect the satellite signal, so it is useful
- The compass – is even cooler – not of any really important use to me….but it is cool
- The ‘action control’ feature also another cool feature – it should ease the use of camera when wearing super thick glove (a situation I always encounter at the mountain summits)
- The HD movie is fantastic, but I am yet to really test it seriously – will do it during my next long bicycle ride
Now I am thinking of getting a helmet mount camera holder…so that I can mount the camera on my cycling helmet. Rather than spending another RM1000 for the GoPro POV camera, better I just mount this shockproof camera from Nikon.
I AM | Nikon Coolpix AW100…oh yeah.