Wah…..crazy….really crazy. Initially thinking of going to Dieng-Sindoro but AirAsia 1 million free seats changed everything. We have to decide fast as the free seats are disappearing very fast! It started when Remy sms-ed me whether I had remove Bali-Rinjani from 2009 project. I said no….but I can’t find a good time. He told me he prefers Bali over Dieng…..then I called Arey for a ‘second opinion’. Arey also like to go to Bali & Rinjani…..
So that was it. After a few calls between me-Remi-Arey, I bought 7 air tickets to Denpasar!! We will go to Bali & climb Mount Rinjani on 30th June – 6th July 2009!!
The boss for this trip is Mas Arey and he told me that we can accomodate up to 15 people. So far, the following have confirmed:
8. Abahko (New)
9. Marjan (New)
In the KIV list are 2 members. They’ll wait if AirAsia open for another offer next year!
The itinerary maybe something like what Remi had stated in our Flickr…
- flight departed to bali in the morning. 3 hours flight
- arrived at bali noon, took fokker to mataram, in the island of lombok
- packing up at a friend’s place and proceed to rinjani basecamp that evening.
- arrived at rinjani’s basecamp at about 10/11 pm. sleepover
- say hello to rinjani and start trekking by 8/9 am
- we proceed to the last post @ campsite in which we arrived around maghrib
- dinner and sleep
- woke up early at 3 am and accent to the summit.
- will arrived somewhere 6-7 am.
- descent to last campsite and will arrive around 10-11 am.
- lunch @ 12, descent to danau segara anak @ 2 pm
- arrived at segara anak around 5/6 pm. This really depends on weather. it is somewhat slippery.
- set up tent, maybe some may want to go fishing, the fish is really big
- woke up as usual 5/6 am
- breakfast @ cook lunch
- descent to last basecamp at 9 am.
- the last group arrived at 5 pm ( me )
- might say that this last part of the journey is the best, the view is far far superior than lawu.
- transport to friend’s house to sleep over
- proceed to bali via ferry…this took 6 hours
- from bali, proceed to agung, the rest of team continue to climb agung except for me, <– the traitor…ahhahaha.
- i slept over at a friend’s house in bali.
- pick up all those ppl from agung
- proceed to kintamani ( this is a high place like cameron )
- proceed to pasar seni…forgot la the name
- proceed to airport
- fly back to kl
Many pictures available in the flickr….
So, Rinjani…here we come….
However based on the level of difficulty, I would suggest that all members who are going for this trip to adhere to these recommendations:
1. Exercise. We should not cause problem to other members or the guides. Looking at what happened during Mt Lawu expedition, even the toughest mountaineers can handle certain amount of load only. They may not be able to help us all the way.
2. Teamwork. This is very2 important. We should ensure all the team members reach the destination on time. After this, I would suggest experienced mountaineers to teach us & to organise us into suitable teams.
3. On time. Also important that we should limit our rest or even photo shooting to certain time frame. If the journey taken too much of the time than expected, we may become too exhausted to trek. Having said that, we should not rush to get to the top as most of us are no real mountaineers. We are humble photography hobbyist who love to climb mountains….
4. Limit the load. Don’t bring battery charger to the summit ok? But I have solar charger…that’s different story. For Rinjani, I guess, at the most, 2 pairs of cloths are enough. Infact, one is enough. I think, plus the camera & water mebbe, 15 kg should already be too heavy! Wow….my camera stuff already 5 kg!! The tent is another 3 kg. If 5L of water….that 13kg already.
Peh…this too early to discuss the detail…but I am too excited…..